How can I complete my live scan requirement for Contractor's License if I am outside of California?

If you do not live in California and do not plan to come to California during the application process, or if you do not have access to a Live Scan site, you will be fingerprinted using hard copy fingerprint cards. For out-of-state residents, the hard copy cards automatically will be generated and sent after your application has been posted. For California residents who do not have access to a Live Scan site, you may contact CSLB's automated telephone system at (800) 321-CSLB (2752) to request hard copy fingerprint cards. When the system answers, press 2-1-4 and provide the requested information. Hard copy fingerprint cards will be sent to you. You must take the cards to a law enforcement agency within the United States to have your rolled fingerprints. Return the cards with the required processing fee of $49 to CSLB for submission to DOJ and FBI. You also may be charged a "rolling" fee by the agency providing the service. Please note that the processing time required for hard copy fingerprint cards is substantially longer than Live Scan fingerprinting, taking three to six months or longer.

Did this answer your question? Thanks for the feedback There was a problem submitting your feedback. Please try again later.

Still need help? Contact Us Contact Us