Can I get my California Live scan sent to a different state?

Currently, live scan services are state-specific and are only valid in the state where the live scan is done. This means that if you need a live scan for a state you are not currently in, it needs to be done within the state that it is requested for or by a live scan vendor licensed in that state. This gives you three options:

1.  Visit a Live Scan location in the requested state to complete your live scan. 

2.  Request a vendor licensed in that state to travel to your location to conduct a live scan.

3.  Ask your requesting agency if you may submit an ink fingerprint card instead.

You can also go through a card conversion provider; they can scan your fingerprint card and submit your application as a live scan transaction. The card conversion provider will need to be in the state that is requiring the live scan. Certifix does not provide card conversion services at this time.

Did this answer your question? Thanks for the feedback There was a problem submitting your feedback. Please try again later.

Still need help? Contact Us Contact Us